Principal Electronic Systems Engineer
Forest Neurotech is seeking an experienced engineer to lead the electronic systems design, characterization and manufacturing for the world's first minimally invasive, ultrasound-on-chip implant for whole-brain functional neuroimaging and stimulation.
Job DescriptionAt Forest Neurotech, we're not just creating devices; we're building a deeper understanding and personalized treatment of the human brain. Our mission is to pioneer the next frontier of neurotechnology, and we're looking for passionate and experienced people to be a part of this journey.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Electronics System Engineer to join our team, focusing on the design and testing of the electronics systems and infrastructure of the device and equipment used in manufacturing and clinical environments. The successful candidate will have an in-depth understanding of electronic systems development, scripting, firmware, test development/infrastructure and PCB design/layout. This role requires leading internal and external cross-functional efforts as well as managing vendor relationships.
Palo Alto, CA. Will offer relocation support.
- Architect, design, simulate and validate electronic systems to meet product level specifications and requirements.
- Manage integration, testing and validation of multiple digital and hardware systems across the platform, including FPGAs, microcontrollers and ASICs
- Work alongside internal and external software teams to prototype, implement and test device level software and algorithms.
- Design and develop hardware and software test infrastructure and requirements
- Design (or manage the outsourcing of) PCBs for product iterations and testing infrastructure.
- Collaborate with cross-functional engineering and clinical teams to refine designs, ensure seamless system level integration and end-use-case functionality.
- Manage multiple vendor relationships with development partners and vendors.
- Develop and maintain accurate and efficient design methodologies, processes and testing documentation for related development.
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering. PhD degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in electronics system design, simulation, and testing.
- Experience leading a large electronics system testing design in medical or similarly regulated applications.
- Strong coding skills in a range of hardware specific languages (may include, C, Verily, Python, etc.)
- Strong understanding of circuit and PCB design techniques, particularly as they relate to low power sensor interfaces.
- Experience managing vendor relationships and working with PCBA assembly and test houses.
- Familiarity with industry standards and best practices for PCB design and fabrication.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment.