Last modified: April 14, 2023
- agree to these Terms personally and on behalf of any company or other legal entity (“organization”) that you represent when using the services, and
- represent and warrant that you have the right, authority, and capacity to enter into these Terms and to bind your organization (if applicable) to these Terms.
If you do not agree to these terms, you are not permitted to access or use the Services.
ARBITRATION NOTICE: THESE TERMS CONTAIN A BINDING ARBITRATION AGREEMENT INCLUDING A WAIVER OF ANY RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT OR CLASS-WIDE ARBITRATION. PLEASE SEE THE ARBITRATION AGREEMENT AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER SECTION BELOW FOR ADDITIONAL DETAILS.
Forest Neurotech is an innovative neurotechnology company dedicated to empowering individuals and improving lives by developing a minimally invasive ultrasonic whole-brain computer interface
1. Who We Are
Convergent Research is an incubator that brings together top talent from academia, industry, and startups to build a new model for innovative R&D. We identify high-impact scientific or technical research and development opportunities, ultimately defining and launching these projects as Focused Research Organizations.
2. Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to modify and update these Terms, as well as any aspect of the Services, at any time in our sole discretion. We will notify you via the Services if we make any material changes. Your continued access to or use of the Services will constitute your acceptance of any modifications or updates.
4. Registration and AccessYou must be at least 18 years of age (or the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which you reside) to use the Services. The Services are not intended for anyone under 18. If you use the Services on behalf of another person or entity, you must have the authority to accept the Terms on their behalf. You must provide accurate and complete information to register for an account. You may not make your access credentials or account available to others outside your organization, and you are responsible for all activities that occur using your credentials.
You may access, and we grant you a non-exclusive right to use, the Services in accordance with these Terms. You will comply with these Terms and all applicable laws when using the Services. We and our affiliates own all rights, title, and interest in and to the Services.
5. Access to the Services
We may suspend or terminate your access to the Services for any reason or no reason, without prior notice to you, including but not limited to if you violate these Terms; if we suspect that you are using the Services in an unauthorized manner; or if you act in any way that would discredit or harm our reputation.
The Services, and in particular all information, content, images, logos, trademarks, graphics, software, and other materials we make available in connection with the Services (collectively, the “Content”) are the sole property of us or our affiliates or their licensors and are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws, both in the United States and in other countries.
6. Our Content
The Content is provided for information purposes only and is not to be relied upon as professional opinion or advice. The Content is not guaranteed to be accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free; use at your own risk.
You are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license to access and use the Content for personal, non-commercial purposes only. Additionally, we may publish Content from time-to-time under a Creative Commons or similar license. Except as expressly permitted by us in connection with such publication, you may not reproduce, modify, republish, distribute, resell, broadcast, reverse-engineer, create derivative works from or otherwise exploit in any manner, in whole or in part, the Content. All rights not expressly granted by us are reserved by us, our affiliates and their licensors.
7. Other Services and Features
All content, responses, answers, comments, ideas, proposals, photos and other information and materials that you post or submit to us or the Services (collectively, “Materials”) shall be handled as follows. While we may not review or monitor submissions of Materials, we reserve the right to block, refuse, delete, remove or edit, in whole or in part, any Materials that violate these Terms or that are otherwise objectionable, as determined by us in our sole discretion. We assume no liability in connection with any use of your Materials, including any errors or omissions contained therein, or for any loss or damage incurred as a result of any such use. You are solely responsible and assume all risks associated with any Materials you submit or that are submitted on your behalf.
8. Your Materials
You grant to us a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, sublicensable and transferable license to use, host, store, reproduce, modify, publish, adapt, translate, edit, create derivative works from, publicly display and distribute any Materials you submit in connection with the Services in any and all media now known or hereinafter devised. You hereby waive any moral rights you may have in the Materials. By posting Materials on the Services, or otherwise providing Materials to us, you represent and warrant that you own or have the necessary rights and permissions to provide such Materials to us, and to authorize us to use such Materials in the manner contemplated by these Terms.
We will be entitled to use Materials for any purpose in connection with the provision and promotion of the Services, without further notice or compensation to you or any other person. For the avoidance of doubt, we will not be liable to you or any other person for the use or exploitation of any ideas (including, without limitation, product ideas, designs, or business models) derived from your Materials and will not incur any liability as a result of any similarities to the Materials that may appear in any future products or services of us or our affiliates.
If you provide or disclose to us any suggestions, ideas, or feedback (collectively, “Feedback”) with respect to the Services or other potential products and services, you hereby grant to us and our affiliates, a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, nonexclusive, royalty-free license, with the right to sublicense, to use and exploit the Feedback for any purpose.
You shall not submit to us anything that you deem confidential, and under no circumstances will we be required to treat any Materials or portion thereof as confidential. If you would like to submit any confidential Materials to us, please contact us to discuss the possibility of entering into an appropriate confidentiality agreement.
Your Materials must adhere to all guidelines, rules, standards, and other requirements set forth by us.
9. Acceptable Use Policy
You agree that you will not post or submit any Materials or use Services in a manner that violates any posted code of conduct or that otherwise: (1) is obscene, inappropriate, threatening, harassing, abusive, false, inaccurate, deceptive, libelous, defamatory, vulgar, pornographic, invasive of privacy or is otherwise injurious to third parties; (2) constitutes a criminal offense, gives rise to civil liability, or otherwise violates any local, state, national, or international law; (3) contains computer viruses, malware, bots, worms, Trojan horses or other harmful, disruptive, or destructive materials that limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment; (4) includes unsolicited advertisements, promotional materials, spam, junk mail, pyramid schemes or other forms of solicitation; (5) impersonates another person or entity or falsely states or misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity; (6) attempts to or disguises the origin of any Materials; (7) implies our endorsement of your content; (8) restricts or interferes with any other person’s ability to use or enjoy the Services, as determined by us in our sole discretion; (9) tampers with postings, registration information, submissions or content of other people; (10) uses any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means or interface not provided by us to access the Services; (11) extracts data or gathers or uses information available through the Services through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the Services; (12) infringes or alleges to be infringing upon a third-party's intellectual property rights, including any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other proprietary rights of any party, including, without limitation, any content that is the subject of any third-party claim of infringement; (13) violates contractual or fiduciary relationships; or (14) violates these Terms, or uses the Services in any manner that is inconsistent with the purposes or objectives of the Services, as determined in good faith by us.
We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your access to the Services and seek other legal or equitable remedies, upon becoming aware of any violation of this Acceptable Use Policy by you.
These Terms take effect when you first use the Services and remain in effect until terminated. You may terminate these Terms at any time for any reason by discontinuing the use of the Services and Content. We may terminate these Terms for any reason by providing you at least 30 days’ advance notice. We may terminate these Terms immediately upon notice to you if you materially breach the sections on Registration and Access, Acceptable Use Policy, Binding Arbitration and Class Action Waiver, or General Terms; if there are changes in relationships with third party technology providers outside of our control; or to comply with law or government requests. The sections of these Terms which by their nature should survive termination or expiration will survive.
10. Term and Termination
THE SERVICES AND THE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND THAT THE SERVICES OR CONTENT WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, THE SERVICES WILL BE TIMELY, SECURE, ERROR FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, THE SERVICES WILL BE FREE OF ANY MALWARE OR OTHER HARMFUL CODE, OR THE CONTENT OR RESULTS OBTAINED FROM THE SERVICES OR FROM US WILL BE ACCURATE, COMPLETE, OR RELIABLE.
11. Warranty Disclaimer
WE AND OUR AFFILIATES AND LICENSORS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND, ACCORDINGLY, THE LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IF YOU ARE A CONSUMER, ANY STATUTORY RIGHTS THAT CANNOT BE WAIVED BY YOU ARE UNAFFECTED BY THIS SECTION.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL WE OR OUR AFFILIATES OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR LOST REVENUES, PROFITS CAPITAL OR OVERHEAD, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SERVICES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), DELICT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY AND WHETHER OR NOT WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
12. Limitation of Liability
BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW FOR THE EXCLUSION OF DAMAGES, OUR LIABILITY IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY THE LAWS OF SUCH JURISDICTION.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless us and our affiliates, successors and assigns, and each of their respective trustees, officers, directors, employees, agents, suppliers and representatives, from and against all claims, liabilities, actions, suits, proceedings, assessments, judgments, decrees, losses, expenses, damages, settlement funds, fines, penalties and associated costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising out of or related to (1) your use or misuse of the Services, including any Content; (2) your breach of these Terms; (3) Materials submitted or provided to us; or (4) any use of your Materials and/or our exercise of any rights granted to us, including without limitation claims based on rights of privacy, rights of publicity, false light, defamation, copyright, patent and/or trademark infringement relating to your Materials. We reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter that is subject to indemnification under this section, in which event you agree to cooperate with any reasonable requests assisting our defense of such matter.
You hereby release us and our affiliates, successors and assigns, and each of their respective trustees, officers, directors, employees, agents, suppliers and representatives from and against the full amount of all claims, liabilities, actions, suits, proceedings, assessments, judgments, decrees, losses, fees, damages, settlement funds, and associated costs and expenses including attorney’s fees arising from or in connection with your use of the Services, any use of your Materials, and/or our exercise of any rights granted to us, including without limitation claims based on rights of privacy, rights of publicity, false light, defamation, copyright, patent and/or trademark infringement relating to Materials and claims for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from your use of any Content.
14. Release of Claims
All questions concerning the construction, validity, enforcement and interpretation of these Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the domestic laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law.
15. Governing Law
To the fullest extent permitted by law, you and we agree to arbitrate any controversy, claim or dispute arising out of or in any way related to your use of the Services, including but not limited to claims based on contract, tort, negligence, statutory or regulatory provisions. EACH PARTY IS GIVING UP ITS RIGHT TO SUE IN COURT AND TO HAVE ANY CONTROVERSY, CLAIM OR DISPUTE HEARD BY A JUDGE OR JURY.
16. Binding Arbitration and Class Action Waiver
YOU AND WE EXPRESSLY AGREE TO ARBITRATE ANY CONTROVERSY, CLAIM OR DISPUTE ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES. THIS AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE ALSO APPLIES TO THRESHOLD ARBITRABILITY ISSUES, INCLUDING ISSUES RELATED TO WHETHER THIS AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE IS UNCONSCIONABLE OR ILLUSORY AND ANY DEFENSE TO ARBITRATION. YOU ALSO AGREE THAT ANY ARBITRATION MAY ONLY BE BROUGHT IN YOUR AND OUR INDIVIDUAL CAPACITIES, NOT AS A CLASS, PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE MORE THAN ONE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY’S CLAIMS, AND MAY NOT OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF A REPRESENTATIVE OR CLASS PROCEEDING.
The mutual promise by you and us to arbitrate any and all disputes, and to do so on an individual basis, rather than to litigate before the courts or other bodies, provides the mutual consideration for this agreement to arbitrate.
Either party may exercise the right to arbitrate by providing the other party with written notice of any and all claims forming the basis of such right in sufficient detail to inform the other party of the substance of such claims. In no event shall the request for arbitration be made after the date when institution of legal or equitable proceedings based on such claims would be barred by the applicable statute of limitations.
Unless you and we otherwise agree, the arbitration will be conducted in the county where you reside by a single neutral arbitrator and in accordance with the then-current rules for resolution of disputes of the American Arbitration Association (AAA) (available online at www.adr.org or by calling 1-800-778-7879). The parties are entitled to representation by an attorney or other representative of their choosing. The parties agree to abide by and perform any award rendered by the arbitrator. The arbitrator shall issue the award in writing and therein state the essential findings and conclusions on which the award is based. Judgment on the award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. Payment of all filing, administration and arbitrator fees will be governed by the AAA's rules.
If this arbitration clause is held unenforceable or arbitration is for any other reason not available, any disputes under this Agreement shall be heard in a court of competent jurisdiction in San Francisco, California.
You are an independent contractor and nothing contained herein shall create an employment or agency relationship, a joint venture, or a partnership. No failure to enforce these Terms shall constitute a waiver of any provision contained herein. To the extent any portion of these Terms is determined to be unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such portion will be modified solely to the extent necessary to cause such portion to be enforceable, and these Terms, as modified, will remain in full force and effect. This is the entire agreement between you and us relating to the subject matter herein.
17. General Terms
These Terms and any other documentation, agreements, notices, or communications between you and us are provided to you electronically. You consent to receive these electronic communications and you agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically, via email and on the Services, satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. Please print or otherwise save a copy of all documentation, agreements, notices, and other communications for your reference.
18. Electronic Communications
19. How To Contact Us
Last modified: April 14, 2023
We collect information that alone or in combination with other information in our possession could be used to identify you (“Personal Information”) as follows:
1. Personal Information We Collect
Personal Information You Provide: We may collect Personal Information if you create an account to use our Services or communicate with us as follows:
- Account Information: When you create an account with us, we will collect information associated with your account, including your name, contact information, account credentials, payment card information, and transaction history, (collectively, “Account Information”).
- User Content: When you use our Services, we may collect Personal Information that is included in the input, file uploads, or feedback that you provide to our Services (“Content”).
- Communication Information: If you communicate with us, we may collect your name, contact information, and the contents of any messages you send (“Communication Information”).
- Social Media Information: We have pages on social media sites like Twitter, and LinkedIn. When you interact with our social media pages, we will collect Personal Information that you elect to provide to us, such as your contact details (collectively, “Social Information”). In addition, the companies that host our social media pages may provide us with aggregate information and analytics about our social media activity.
Personal Information We Receive Automatically From Your Use of the Services: When you visit, use, and interact with the Services, we may receive the following information about your visit, use, or interactions (“Technical Information”):
- Log Data: Information that your browser automatically sends whenever you user our website(“log data”). Log data includes your Internet Protocol address, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and how you interacted with our website.
- Usage Data: We may automatically collect information about your use of the Services, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use and the actions you take, as well as your time zone, country, the dates and times of access, user agent and version, type of computer or mobile device, computer connection, IP address, and the like.
- Device Information: Includes name of the device, operating system, and browser you are using. Information collected may depend on the type of device you use and its settings.
Other Personal Information: We may collect other Personal Information from a variety of sources:
- Photos and videos: We may collect photos and videos captured at events or shared on any interactive areas of the Services, such as a community or blog.
- Information we derive or infer about you: We may collect evaluations, observations and inferences we derive from the information we obtain about you.
- Information from third parties: This includes information provided to us by event participants, or your colleagues or contacts who submit information to us about their ideas or proposals, or others.
Certain laws, such as GDPR, describe various lawful reasons to “process” (i.e. collect, use, and share) personal information. Our reasons for processing are described below:
2. WHY WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Consent: We ask for your consent to process your personal information for specified purposes at relevant times when you interact with the Site or Services.
- Legal Obligations: We process information to comply with legal, tax, and compliance obligations or lawful requests for information from a court or government authority.
- Protection from Harm: We process information where necessary to protect an individual from serious physical harm or injury.
- Legitimate Interests: We process information for our and others’ (including your) legitimate interests, such as commercial interests, individual interests or broader societal benefits. We rely on “legitimate interests” when we use data in ways people would reasonably expect based on the circumstances, and where the use would have a minimal privacy impact, or where there is a compelling justification for the use. Our legitimate interests are described in “How We Use Data” below.
We may use personal information for the following purposes:
3. HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Provide the Services: Legitimate interests
- Identify you
- Communicate with you about the Services and respond to your communications
- Provide websites, newsletters, blogs, community spaces, or other interactive features
- Review your submissions of ideas or proposals
- Provide requested content and programming
- Publish content (such as journal articles)
- Obtain services to operate and manage the Services, such as web and database hosting, IT support, operations, communication services, research tools, and data analytics
- Enable connections you request between the Services and third party tools or services
- Build and develop the Services
- Organize, host, and invite people to events (e.g. conferences)
- Tailor the Services to local customs and industry standards
- Maintain health and safety at in-person events
- Provide reasonable accommodations
- Provide relevant or personalized content
- Improve the accuracy of the Services
- Verify information provided to us
- Enforce our policies and terms
- Perform data analytics, accounting, auditing and other internal functions
Marketing communications and use of non-essential cookies and other technologies: Consent
- Send emails promoting goods and services other than the Services you’ve requested
Safety and security: Legitimate interests
- Maintain and enhance the safety and security of the Services, protect against and prevent fraud, misuse, unauthorized transactions, claims, and other liabilities
Research: Legitimate interests
- Support research, analysis, and publication on topics relevant to the Services
- Improve the Services and develop new services: Legitimate interests
- Evaluate and improve the Services
- Perform debugging to identify, prevent, and repair errors that impair or may impair the Services
- Verify or maintain the quality of the Services
- Develop new programs and services, including new Focused Research Organizations
Legal compliance and claims: Legal obligations
- Comply with applicable laws and regulations
- Maintain or defend legal claims
- Respond to valid requests for information from courts, litigants, and governmental or official agencies and organizations
We also may use information in other ways for which we will provide information when and if such uses arise
In certain circumstances we may provide your Personal Information to third parties without further notice to you, unless required by the law:
4. INFORMATION SHARING
- Other Participants: Information you share in public-facing areas of the Site or Services, community features, or at events will be visible to anyone with access to those public spaces (virtual or physical).
- Professional Connections: We may disclose Personal Information to individuals in our constituents’ professional networks.
- Vendors and Service Providers: To assist us in meeting business operations needs and to perform certain services and functions, we may provide Personal Information to vendors and service providers, including providers of hosting services, cloud services, and other information technology services providers, event management services, email communication software and email newsletter services, and web analytics services. Pursuant to our instructions, these parties will access, process, or store Personal Information only in the course of performing their duties to us.
- Most of our service providers are located in the United States.
- We do not authorize service providers to use or disclose information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
- Business Transfers: If we are involved in strategic transactions, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, or transition of service to another provider (collectively a “Transaction”), your Personal Information and other information may be disclosed in the diligence process with counterparties and others assisting with the Transaction and transferred to a successor or affiliate as part of that Transaction along with other assets.
- Legal Requirements: If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, (ii) protect and defend our rights or property, (iii) prevent fraud, (iv) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Services, or the public, or (v) protect against legal liability.
Please contact us as specified in the “How To Contact Us” section of this Privacy Notice if you would like to obtain more information about the affiliates, subsidiaries and other third parties with whom we may share personal information.
We offer you certain choices in connection with the personal information we collect from you. To update your preferences, limit the communications you receive from us, or submit a request, please contact us as indicated in the “How To Contact Us” section of this Privacy Notice. You can unsubscribe from our marketing mailing lists by following the “Unsubscribe” link in our emails or contacting us as specified in the “How To Contact Us” section below. We will apply your preferences going forward.
5. YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
Depending on the laws that apply to you, including GDPR, you may have the rights provided below, some of which may apply generally, and some of which apply only in certain circumstances, described below:
- Access: Access personal information we process about you and obtain information about our processing.
- Rectification: Correct inaccurate information or supplement incomplete information.
- Erasure: Erase personal information, when, for instance, it is no longer needed or where you have withdrawn your consent and there is no other legal basis for the processing.
- Restrict Processing: Limit our processing of your information, for instance, where we no longer need it but you do not want it to be erased because it is needed in connection with a legal claim.
- Object: Object to processing for direct marketing purposes, or to processing based on “legitimate interests” (explained above) unless we have compelling reasons to continue processing or where it is needed in connection with a legal claim.
- Withdraw consent: Withdraw consent you’ve previously given, without penalty, but we will have to cease carrying out the purposes for which you consented to processing, which may affect our ability to provide certain aspects of the Site or Services to you.
- Portability: Request that we provide you a copy of personal information you have provided us, where the processing is based on consent or is carried out by automated means.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us as indicated in the “How To Contact Us” section below. If you are located in the European Economic Area (EEA), you also may lodge a complaint with the data protection authority in your country of residence.
The following table provides additional information about how we disclose Personal Information. You can read more about the Personal Information we collect in “Personal information we collect” above, how we use Personal information in “How we use personal information” above, and how we retain personal information in “Retention of Personal Information” below.
6. California privacy rights
|Category of Personal Information
|Disclosure of Personal Information
|Identifiers, such as your contact details
|We disclose this information to our affiliates, vendors and service providers, law enforcement, and parties involved in Transactions.
|Commercial Information, such as your transaction history
|We disclose this information to our affiliates, vendors and service providers, law enforcement, and parties involved in Transactions.
|Network Activity Information, such as Content and how you interact with our Services
|We disclose this information to our affiliates, vendors and service providers, law enforcement, and parties involved in Transactions.
|Your account login credentials (Sensitive Personal Information)
To the extent provided for by law and subject to applicable exceptions, California residents have the following privacy rights in relation to their Personal Information:
- The right to know information about our processing of your Personal Information, including the specific pieces of Personal Information that we have collected from you;
- The right to request deletion of your Personal Information;
- The right to correct your Personal Information; and
- The right to be free from discrimination relating to the exercise of any of your privacy rights.
We don’t sell or share Personal Information as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act, as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act. We also don’t process sensitive personal information for the purposes of inferring characteristics about a consumer.
Exercising Your Rights. California residents can exercise their CCPA privacy rights by sending their request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Verification. In order to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, change, or deletion, we may require you to verify your credentials before you can submit a request to know, correct, or delete Personal Information. If you do not have an account with us, or if we suspect fraudulent or malicious activity, we may ask you to provide additional Personal Information and proof of residency for verification. If we cannot verify your identity, we will not provide, correct, or delete your Personal Information.
Authorized Agents. you may submit a rights request through an authorized agent. If you do so, the agent must present signed written permission to act on your behalf and you may also be required to independently verify your identity and submit proof of your residency with us. Authorized agent requests can be submitted to email@example.com.
We may transfer your personal information to recipients in other countries that have different data protection laws. When we do so, we will protect that information as described in this Privacy Notice and will comply with applicable legal requirements, providing adequate protection for the transfer.
7. DATA TRANSFERS
If we transfer personal information from the EEA, UK or Switzerland to a country that has not been recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of data protection, we will use appropriate contractual terms with the recipients to safeguard the information. Further information about our data transfer safeguards may be obtained by contacting us as indicated in the “How To Contact Us” section below.
We will retain your personal information for the duration of our relationship, plus a reasonable period to comply with the applicable statute of limitation periods and records retention requirements under applicable laws, or during the pendency of any legal claims or lawful requests or investigations.
8. RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may also anonymize or de-identify your Personal Information (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, as described above, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
We implement commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and organizational measures to protect Personal Information both online and offline from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, email sent to or from us may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via the Service or email. In addition, we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Service, or third party websites.
9. HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Site and Services are intended for individuals at least 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information online from children under the age of 13.
10. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
For your convenience and information, we may provide links to other online services, and may include third-party features such as apps, tools, communication platforms or communities, widgets and plugins. The privacy practices of the relevant third parties, including details on the information they may collect about you, is subject to the privacy statements of these parties, which we strongly suggest you review. These third-party services or features are not owned or controlled by us and we are not responsible for their information practices.
11. OTHER ONLINE SERVICES AND THIRD-PARTY FEATURES
This Privacy Notice may be updated periodically for clarity or to reflect changes in law or our practices. We indicate at the top of this Privacy Notice when it was most recently updated. We encourage you to check this page frequently to review any changes. If we make changes, we will notify you via the change log below. In some cases, we may provide additional notice such as a statement on our homepage or an email. Your further use of the Site or Services after a change to our Privacy Notice will be subject to the updated notice.
12. UPDATES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
We are responsible for processing personal information as described in this Privacy Notice.
13. HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions, requests or comments about this Privacy Notice or to exercise your rights, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You also may write to: 160 Alewife Brook Pkwy #1212, Cambridge, MA 02138-1121, Attn: Privacy.